Eligibility & Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for FUNDrive®?
Our goal is to help local nonprofits such as schools, sports teams, community groups, and other charitable organizations in the US and Canada generate revenue to support their missions.
FUNDrive® groups must be a nonprofit and/or charitable organization that is in compliance with all applicable laws.
In the U.S. the group must also be registered as tax-exempt with the Internal Revenue Service. This includes, but is not limited to, 501(c)(3) organizations.
Following are common questions asked by organizations about the FUNDrive® process.
- Show answer to I want to organize a fundraiser. How do I get started?
Simply click "LEARN MORE" and submit your contact information. A FUNDrive®representative will be in touch soon.LEARN MORE
- Show answer to Is the FUNDrive® program available everywhere?
- FUNDrive® is available where most Savers®, Value Village™ or Unique® stores are located in the U.S. and Canada. (FUNDrive® is not available in Quebec.)
- Show answer to What groups can participate in the FUNDrive® program?
- FUNDrive® groups must be a nonprofit and/or charitable organization that is in compliance with all applicable laws. In the U.S. the group must also be registered as tax-exempt with the Internal Revenue Service. This includes, but is not limited to, 501(c)(3) organizations. See our FUNDrive® Philosophy Statement and Guidelines for more information.
- Show answer to How much clothing and other items will we need to collect to reach our fundraising goal?
- Our website's easy to use calculator and your FUNDrive® representative will assist you in determining how many bags/boxes you need to reach your goal.
- Show answer to What is accepted during a FUNDrive®?
- Generally, we accept gently-used clothing and household goods, but accepted items vary by location. Your FUNDrive® representative will provide you with the specific opportunities available in your location.
- Show answer to What are your delivery guidelines?
- Nonprofit organizations must provide an accurate bag (clothing) and box (small household items) counts and have a pre-scheduled delivery appointment (date and time). To make delivery more convenient, a rental truck allowance is available for delivieries meeting a minimum volume requirement.
Your FUNDrive® representative will provide you with specific dates when you will be required to provide bag (clothing) and box (small household items) counts.
- Show answer to Do you provide a tax receipt? (U.S. only)
- Yes, (U.S. only) a customizable tax receipt template is available in the FUNDrive® toolkit. It is the responsibility of your organization to distribute to your donors.
- Show answer to Why do we have to sign an agreement and provide you with a W-9? (U.S. only)
- The agreement is to ensure all the details of our partnership are communicated clearly. The W-9 (U.S. only) is necessary for Savers®/Value Village™/Unique® to fulfill our federal end-of-year tax reporting requirements.
- Show answer to When will we receive payment for a FUNDrive®?
- Funds are generally deposited directly into the organization's account within 7 to 10 business days.
- Show answer to How should we report this payment?
- Any funds received by your organization from Savers®/Value Village™/Unique® following your FUNDrive® are payment for the purchase of the donated goods that you sell to us. The payment is NOT a donation by Savers®/Value Village™/Unique®. Your organization should obtain its own tax and legal advice with respect to the method of any required reporting on the payment received from Savers®/Value Village™/Unique®.
- Show answer to How often can my organization do a FUNDrive®?
- Organizations with the most successful FUNDrives® hold two fundraisers a year.
- Show answer to On average, how much does an organization earn?
- Most organizations earn at least $500 per FUNDrive®.
- Show answer to Do you have additional program guidelines?
- Yes. Please review our COVID-19 guidelines and our FUNDrive® Philosophy Statement and Guidelines to learn more about the FUNDrive® program.
- Show answer to What if I still have questions?
We’re happy to help and will get back to you soon.Contact Us